The Global Space industry is growing at a rate of 9.5% compared to the global economy of 2.5%. It is expected tor each more than $1 trillion in the next few years.
The SmartSat CRC will tackle three major challenges:
- Lack of universal digital connectivity;
- Fragmented space ecosystem;
- Technology-limited earth observation.
The Key areas of industry focus are:
- Agriculture and farming
- Mining and natural resources
- Defence & Security
- Transport & Logistics
Why the SmartSat CRC?
- Central to the Australian Space Agency’s goals
- Supporting defence and national security
- Building cohesive critical mass
- Building sovereign space capability
- Inspiring the next generation of space scientists and engineers.