The SmartSat CRC is a consortium of universities and other research organisations, partnered with industry that has been funded by the Australian Government to develop know-how and technologies in advanced telecommunications and IoT connectivity, intelligent satellite systems and Earth observation next generation data services. The impact of this research will be to develop intellectual property and a specialist industry expertise that will spawn new businesses, create export economic value and generate new high-tech jobs for all Australians.
To build an Australian sovereign space capability through world-class research and development in space systems, technology and solutions to enhance Australia’s economic prosperity and deliver national benefit.
To be globally respected as an innovator in space technology and valued as an enduring, trusted and leading contributor in transforming Australia’s space research and innovation ecosystem.
- Excellence & Impact – We will conduct excellent and impactful research that creates commercial value for our partners and benefit our nation;
- Innovation & Agility – We will innovate in all of our activities, adapt to market changes and respond rapidly to our stakeholders’ requirements in a productive and cost-effective way, without compromising excellence and impact;
- Collaboration – We recognise that through collaboration we can achieve better outcomes for SmartSat and, through intense collaboration can deliver more for Australia than our partners could do alone;
- Integrity – We are committed to the highest standard of openness, transparent accountability and ethical behaviour in all that we do; and
- Diversity & Inclusion – We celebrate diversity and acknowledge differences in gender, generations, geography & culture.