The SmartSat CRC is a consortium of universities and other research organisations, partnered with industry that has been funded by the Australian Government to develop know-how and technologies in advanced telecommunications and IoT connectivity, intelligent satellite systems and Earth observation next generation data services. The impact of this research will be to develop intellectual property and a specialist industry expertise that will spawn new businesses, create export economic value and generate new high-tech jobs for all Australians.
To be recognised as the leading contributor in transforming Australia’s space innovation ecosystem for our future prosperity.
To conduct translational research which creates game-changing technologies and generating know-how that will make our industries more competitive and future-proof the jobs of all Australians.
- Excellence & Impact –We will conduct excellent and impactfull research that creates commercial value for our partners and benefit our nation;
- Innovation & Agility – We will innovate in all of our activities, adapt to market changes and respond rapidly to our stakeholders’ requirements in a productive and cost-effective way without compromising excellence and impact;
- Collaboration – We recognise that through collaboration we can achieve better outcomes for SmartSat and through intense collaboration can deliver more for Australia than our partners could do alone;
- Integrity – We are committed to the highest standard of openness, transparent accountability and ethical behaviour in all that we do; and
- Diversity & Inclusion– We celebrate diversity and acknowledge differences in gender, generations, geography & culture.