In a world with insatiable thirst for Digital connectivity and the explosion of machine-to-machine communications, the need for reliable, high speed secure communications is critical to the economic competitiveness of Australia.
This theme may produce new technologies, signal processing algorithms and communications architectures to ensure that Australia meets its needs for universal digital connectivity and help create new commercial opportunities.
- Laser communication
- Next Generation ground stations & terminals
- Mobile optical antennas
- Quantum cryptography
- Adaptive communication networks
- Spectrum sensing & Cognitive radio
- Next Generation IoT architectures
- Ad-hoc connectivity
- Satellite & terrestrial network integration
Professor Gottfried Lechner is Research Director for Program 1.